16.2.09

So much crap to weed through

Here is something I shared on another website and find it relevant enough to share it here. After I do a search, usually with Google, I get frustrated with all the non-relevant websites I have to go through to find the one's that provide the information I'm looking for.

Just when I think I've found a site with real information it's selling me something yet again. It's like no one is willing to share, even a little of the, information without asking an unreasonable amount of money for a crappy ebook. I miss the days before all these crappy ebooks went up for sale. Too bad Google can't weed out the crap and let me get back to information surfing.

Hey, here's an idea for Google: Allow, to a small extent, surfers to rate sites - 0=crap to 10=fantastic - just what I was looking for, so the crap can eventually fall out by being pushed to the bottom of the search results. So if I end up buying an ebook that makes claims it doesn't follow through on then I can rank it low, hopefully as other people would so it drops down in the search results. They would have to do some sort of tracking to make sure I'm not rating my competition poorly, or visa versa - one vote per person would be good. This would provide a non-biased software ranking and people ranking, which would allow for better and more accurate search results.

Then, the only way for crap to be ranked higher, they would have to pay more for their Google Ad and the worst their ranking is, the higher the price would go. Yeah, weed out the crap!

How about it Google? Combine a public ranking system, StumbleUpon type system and your own software into a new and revolutionary search engine. Just remember where the idea came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment